Data Protection Declaration
Your privacy is a matter of the greatest concern to us.
Wetrok AG and its affiliated companies collect, process and use your personal data exclusively in keeping with the provisions of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and those of the Data Protection Act of Germany. In what follows, we will inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of such data collection and use.
1. Access data / server log files
When you simply visit our website for purposes of information – that is to say, if you do not log in, register or give us any other information in order to use the website, we do not collect any personal data from you, with the exception of the data that your browser gives us in order to facilitate your visit to the site.
These data are the following:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / http status code
- Quantity of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request emanates
- Referrer’s URL (the page previously visited)
- Operating system and interface
- Language and version of the browser software
When you use the website, moreover, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk with an attribution to the browser you are using, as a result of which the site placing the cookie (us, in this case) obtains certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve for the purpose of making the internet service we offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
- Third party cookies (cookies coming from third party providers)
- Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. The latter store a ‘session ID’, by means of which different queries of your browser can be assigned to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognised again when you come back to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed duration, which may vary depending on the cookie but will not exceed a maximum of 7 days. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings to suit your preferences. This means that you can decline to accept third party cookies, or decline to accept cookies altogether. We beg to inform you however that in that case you may be unable to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not registered by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. These store the necessary data independently of the browser you are using, and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want any processing involving Flash cookies to take place, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. ‘Better Privacy’ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome.
This stored information is saved separately from any other data you may have submitted to us. The cookies data in particular are not associated with your other data.
3. Use of web analysis services
Google Analytics, possibility of opting out
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is as a rule transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. As our website has IP anonymisation enabled, within member states of the European Union and in other countries that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area your IP address will however first be abbreviated by Google.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. On the instructions of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports about website activities and to provide further services to the website operator associated with website and internet use.
The IP address transmitted from your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be brought together with other data by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by making the appropriate adjustment in the settings of your browser software; we beg to inform you, however, that in that case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent.
In addition, you can prevent the registration on Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website and processing of these data by Google (including your IP address), by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:
4. Involvement of third party services
4.1. Involvement of YouTube videos
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos as part of our online presentation. These are stored on www.youtube.com and can be directly played from our website. They are all linked in with the site in ‘extended data protection mode’, that is to say, no data about you as user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data described in section 2 above be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) Here are the address of YouTube and its URL, together with its notes on data protection:
YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
5. Request for information materials on specific subjects
(1) Under ‘Information materials’ you can request a variety of information from us. Some of this will be sent by post, and some by e-mail. In some cases (e.g. with flyers) one-off information is involved, in other cases it may be recurrent information (as with catalogues). You can however decline to receive such information at any time, either by e-mail (email@example.com), by fax to +49 2171 398 100 or by a postal communication to the address given in our Publishing Details.
(2) Your consent to the receipt of such information is formulated as follows:
Yes, until such time as I opt out (which it is possible for me to do at any time) I would like to continue to receive information about the subjects in which I have indicated an interest, by post, e-mail or telephone, and hereby agree to my data’s being electronically collected, processed and used by Wetrok AG and its affiliated companies. I can opt out at any time by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), by fax to +49 2171 398 100 or by a postal communication to the address given in Wetrok’s Publishing Details. No transmission or sale of my data to third parties for advertising purposes will take place.
6. Right of information
You have the right to apply for and to be given information free of charge about the personal data relating to you that have been stored by us. In addition users have the right to call for the correction of data where these are incorrect, and to have their personal data blocked or deleted, provided the data are not subject to any overriding statutory obligation of retention.